7 Reasons to invest in a protective enclosure from Paul’s Instant Garages
1. A constant hazard with portable shelters is degradation and corrosion of the frame.
MDM shelters prevent this by making all carriage nuts and bolts from stainless steel, making sure that the bolts won’t rust from exposure or suffer stress fractures due to wind or snow pressure for the lifetime of your product.
2. All components of the shelter frame are made from galvanized steel tubing. Unlike many other portable garage frames that use cheaper recycled steel that’s been powder-coated to appear galvanized, MDM uses only true hot-dipped galvanized steel. For even greater protection, the tubing has two extra layers on
the outside, including a clear protective coating, as well as a corrosion-resistant coating on the inside of the tubes.
3. The shelter covers are made of heavy-duty 10-ounce rip-stop polyvinyl fabric with extra UV-resistant treatment and fire-retardant chemicals. Our material is made of three layers – the outer weatherproof coating that comes in a number of different colors, a black middle layer that blocks out both visible sunlight and ultraviolet rays, and a white inner layer. Rip-stop poly fabric is hard to tear, and due to the way that it’s woven, even if you get a tear it won’t spread. Our high-quality, UV-resistant fabric will last 7 to 10 years in direct sunlight.
4. The cover is attached at all four corners with ratchet straps, and the fabric is heat-welded at the seams. The cross-welding makes for very tough seams so that the cover can be tightened over the frame, which will reduce structural vibrations. A drum-tight cover also doesn’t accumulate as much snow on the roof.
5. All our shelters come standard with high-strength steel cable hook anchors, and a drive rod is included for anchoring. MDM shelters goes above and beyond to make sure the shelters are properly secured – the anchor locks 3ft. underground, and has a 1200lb pull-out ratio.
6. Each MDM shelter comes with a double-zipper door panel with two zippers in each end. Both door panels can be rolled up, allowing for drive-through capability and great air flow in the space. We only use high-quality YKK zippers with closely-spaced teeth for bursting strength. The door panels are designed to withstand strong winds, and we also offer clips that go over the zipper tracks for extra reinforcement.
7. Most of our shelter sizes come in three colors – green, gray and tan. There’s no extra fee for your choice of color. The three-layer fabric provides excellent protection against the elements – it stops rain and snow, the black middle layer blocks out UV rays and visible sunlight, and the white inner layer is bright and reflective, so you can use a light source in the enclosure more efficiently.
A Rhino Shelters portable enclosure is hands down the best way to protect your tools or vehicles without having to build walls and a roof.